About the Office
The mission of the Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Information Management (IRPIM) is to advance the understanding, planning, operation, evaluation, and improvement of the College of Charleston through the stewardship of College data, accurate and timely reporting, and the provision of clear, consistent, and insightful data analyses for administration, faculty, staff, students, parents and the external community.
- To positively influence the success of students, faculty and staff, the College, and the local community through the provision of accurate data reporting and insightful analyses.
- To create a systemic process for data management and data policy development at the College of Charleston.
- To continue the current efficient external State, Federal, and Accreditation data reporting for the College.
The Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Information Management values the important role of institutional research in furthering the mission of the College of Charleston. We value effective, ethical, and service-oriented management of the IRP/IM office that is strongly coupled to the overall mission and values of the College.
IRP/IM values being a first-class institutional research office by providing accurate, reliable and easily accessible data in a timely manner. We value providing insightful analyses that support the college mission of academic excellence.
IRP/IM embraces the College value of mutual respect, collaboration and diversity for the welfare of the individual and the institution. This includes providing customized data delivery for diverse end-user needs always focused on analyses to improve student learning.
Power of Place
IRP/IM values providing data analyses that advance the public mission of the College of Charleston and the Lowcountry through the discovery of distinctive opportunities for innovative programs and relationships. This includes providing detailed analyses of peer comparison data of South Carolina and regional institutions.
- Federal and State official reporting including IPEDS, HEOA, Title II, and SC CHE
- External survey completion and management including Common Data Set, U.S. News and World Report, Peterson's, and the Voluntary System of Accountability
- Maintenance of Institutional Research, Planning, and Information Management website to provide 24/7 access to data
- Production of the on-line and print versions of the Planning and Reference Fact Book
- Specialized reporting on various institutional priorities
- Support of academic programs for accreditation, self-study and annual review data
- Support campus departments with data collection and analyses including Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, and Retention Office
- Collection and provision of data for the SACS COC accreditation
- Creation of Cognos and QlikView reports for campus consumption
- Data quality checking for official reporting. Data storage/warehousing that support longitudinal and strategic reporting initiatives
- Support of campus ad-hoc data requests
- Information support during the College’s strategic and long-range planning processes/cycles, including environmental scans and peer analysis. Development of KPI’s, benchmarking and score carding will be a next step in monitoring strategic planning progress
- Support of the enrollment planning and financial projection functions of the College with student projections and analysis, staggered enrollment limits, and daily enrollment statistics